Saturday, July 24, 2010

Xav @ 28 months

Xav is officially 28 months old as of today !


Been a long long time that I update on his milestones.
He has got more self awareness and is trying to gain "power" by wanting full control of what he is doing.

Pushing the pram or shopping cart is one fine example. He wanted to push but but but ... Only he can lay his hands on the pram or cart, no others ! We can't even hold onto the side nor the handle of the pram !

He just wants to do it himself ! (At a risk of knocking into people) I will prompt him to check whenever there is people infront. He will just stick out his head left and right to "look out" for people.

His mischief when shopping was he tends to put items into the basket when you are not noticing ! Hence, if I should spot any suspicious item in my shopping basket, you'll know who did it ! Hahaha ...

Learning wise, I have yet to really start teaching him ever since er moved into the new house as my time are taken up by the chores. Hope I can managed my time better.
Numerics wise, he can count from 1- 40 now and he can count down from 15 and sometimes from 30 on good days !

He recognises the numerals from 1- 30. And could recite 1 - 10 in mandarin.

For words, am not very sure though. I didn't teach him before but one afternoon, i was typing some words associating with animals to see if he can recognise and read them.

Then, I jumped into numerals and typed randomly in words between 1- 12. I was taken by surprise that he recognised and read them out to me as I didn't teach him or showed him words related to the numbers. I confirmed this is self learnt when he flipped through the books on his own.

As for words, I took out the sets of flashcards from YBCR and flash through with him. These are the words he can recognise and can read them out to me.


As much as possible, I try to play matching game with him to make it more interesting. In a way, he gets to feel and see what the real objects are.


He expresses himself much better nowadays with his favourite verses like;
1. I don't like
2. I don't want
3. Not nice
4. I want eat bread / drink / play phone/ go out
5. I want go train station (asking me to bring him out)

Short qns which he can answer:

1. What is your name ?
Xav: my name's Xavier

2. How old are you ?
Xav: I am two year year year old ( despite telling him that there shouldn't be so many "year".

3. Where do you stay ?
Xav: I stay Fernvale

4. What is daddy/ mummy/ yiyi/ uncle and mei mei's name ?
Xav: Daddy's name is Don, mummy's name is Serene, yiyi's name is Jo, Uncle's name is Weiguang, meimei's name is Edna and he goes on ... Sometimes repeating all over again.

6. What do you like?
Xav: I like trains, cars... Sometimes strawberries

7. Do you go to school ?
Xav: yes, I go school..

8. During shower, he knows the difference between shower rain and shower head. He will goes " I want shower rain, I don't want shower head" !!

9. He comes up with his new lyrics. He was singing "old macdonald has a farm, EIEIO amd on his farm he has mummy, EIEIO. And a mummy mummy here and a mummy mummy there, here mummy, there mummy, everywhere mummy mummy, old macdonald had mummy, EIEIO" !

Mandarin wise, he improved a little as occasionally I will play "wink to learn" series for him. Got him a set during the motherhood fair.

Got this set @ only $149! 6 flashcard DVDs, 3 audio CDs, 2 memory magic vcds, 3 karaoke sing along vcds !


His speech is getting better ! Normally, he prefers me rather than the daddy. He will say "I don't want daddy, I want mummy feed" etc

Feeding wise, he hold the spoon pretty well at times and could self feed with minimum spillage !


Sometime I will just give him the bread and ask him to eat it himself.


Been trying to toilet trained him but he doesn't allow.. He knows verbally as in "urine" and "poo poo" but he just don't want to tell me. He only did it once remarkably ! I placed the potty in one of the square tiles in the living room and told him that should he wants to urine, just stand in the square and aim into the potty. Suddenly, I heard him whimpering from the kitchen "mummy wipe". I was thinking wipe what ? Then, I saw the potty filled slightly with his urine and he had misaimed and wet the floor ! Great job Xav for trying.

This was the the only once ! The only factor which could motivate him in telling me that he pooed was flushing of the toilet bowl. He just loves it hahahah..

Xav too plays his role as my kitchen assistant. I will engage him in my dishes when time permits. He will help me in the mixing and marination of meat etc.


And this polite little lad will automatically say "sorry" when he knocked into people or when he wants people to make way for him. If I had caught him on few occasions when people said "I'm sorry" he replied with "it's ok" ! I'm really proud of you, Xav!

The only accessory which he knew how to wear by himself was the pair of crocs. But he did attempted to try on the pair of boots at Colette and he did it !





And he could be really affectionate at times. Loves giving us his ever so lovable hugs and loving kisses. Now apart from planting a kiss on out cheeks, he will say "kiss eye" and came forward, giving us a kiss on our eyes !

Wonder if he would continue to shower us with his kisses as he grows...
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Sengkang W Ave,,Singapore

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...