Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Homecooked Fried Bee Hoon

One of the very rare dish which I will cook in the mornings - fried bee hoon. All along luncheon meat is one of the most likable comfort food. I knew it's unhealthy, as such, I do not feed it to the kids. Perhaps once in a blue moon for Xav but Vera is definitely a no go for this. Too young for canned food !

Anyway, back to the fried bee hoon. This can be done up pretty fast too ! I decided to skip my usual Starbucks fix for this while missy was still in bed. Using whatever I could find in my fridge.

Ingredients used :
carrots (shredded)
mushrooms (sliced)
eggs
brown rice vermicelli (soaked for a few minutes before cooking)
luncheon meat (cut into strips)
cabbage (sliced)
garlic (minced)
cooking oil

Condiments : light soy sauce and pepper

Homecooked Fried Bee Hoon

Method :
1. Coat the luncheon meat strips with the egg mixture, pan fry till golden brown.
2. Using the remaining egg mixture,  fry an egg omelette and cut them into strips and set aside.
3. Pan fry the garlic till golden brown, add in the rest of the ingredients and gave a stir fry till fragrant.
4. Add the brown rice vermicelli ,add some light soy sauce to taste and to add some "colour" to the vermicelli and a dash of pepper too. (Add some water if it's too dry)
5. Top with the luncheon meat and omelette strips and you are ready to serve.

Thank you for reading. If you have been reading our posts, do follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram !

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...