Monday, January 14, 2019

Homecooked Ni Tamago (Lava Egg)

It has been quite a while since I blog about homecook food. I am still cooking for the family but probably not that much as compared to the past as there are new commitments to the routine. I remembered the first time I tried and failed over a silly mistake. I was actually laughing over my own mistake for soaking the eggs in boiling water instead of boiling them.

Second time, I asked my sis again how to cook. I remembered she told me that the steps were pretty straight forward. Here are the really simple steps; simply boil the eggs in boiling water for 6 mins, remove them immediately and plunge them into a bowl of ice water for another 6 mins. The low temperature is actually to stop the egg from being cooked further by the heat and soaking in ice water helps to make peeling of the shells much easier.

It was quite a success! Shall try to attempt seasoned eggs when I get my hands on mirin.


If you need some meal ideas and if you are with me on Instagram (Xavvylicious) , I have hashtag what I have cooked in 2018 under #Serenescookbook2018 and this year's #SerenesCookbook2019  .
Hope this is useful !

If you have enjoyed reading my posts, do follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram !

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...