Monday, May 6, 2019

[Review] su:m37˚ Secret Essence

Now that I am in my late thirties, I started to make more effort to look after my badly neglected skin. I did not like anything to be on my face, especially sunblock. Sometimes, I could have cleansed my face, put on toner but forgot about the moisturizer. Uneven and dull skin tone, open pores, dark eye rings, fine lines on the eye bags, oily skin by mid-noon, rough skin texture, you name it, I have it.

When it comes to skincare, I prefer products that contain natural ingredients, it does not even matter if it does not have any fragrance. I want it as natural as it is. I was nominated by Karen to join Su:m37˚ campaign - Sum Society  - #Whatsyoursecret

I was glad to be chosen and be one of the ambassadors for this campaign. Introduced to me was Su:m37˚ Secret Essence, one of the luxurious high end product from Korea, well known for it's anti-ageing benefits and the secret to flawless, beautiful skin! I told myself to be more diligent as I aged, there are no ugly women in the world but lazy ones! Hence, I shall not be lazy anymore!


Su:m37˚- What do you know about this name? The word su:m (pronounced as 'soom') in su:m37˚ means 'breathe' in Korean and 37 refers to the optimal temperature for fermentation as well as the normal temperature of a human body. 

The patented ingredient, Cytosis, which is fundamental in helping to re-build the foundation of good skin and further strenthening it against external stressors and pollution. It is made from the fermentation of 86 different kinds of local plant varieties, fermented and aged individually in cedar barrels for 365 days and then re-fermented again with Ferulic acid (which provides antioxidant benefits to skin and also help defend skin against environmental assult) to activate the star ingredient, Cytosis. The fermentation process breaks down the raw materials into smaller molecules so as to allow the active ingredients to be absorbed into our tired and exhausted skin, thus energizing and giving the skin a brighter, clearer tone. 

Su:m37˚ Secret Essence comes in a heavy frosted glass bottle, the red jewel golden cap gave the bottle an elegant, classy look altogether. Unscrew the cap, you will see a controlled dropper dispenser which is good to prevent overpouring of the secret essence, thus minimizing product wastage. Initially, I did have some difficulty dripping out. The vicosity of the essence was thicker than water yet lightweight enough to get absorbed by the skin easily. 

The liquid has a mild and distinct citrus fragrance which was pretty soothing and not over-whelming. The scent was gone after the essence on the face has dried up. I would usually apply after my shower, toner first then, patted around 4 -5 drops of Su:m37˚ Secret Essence all over my face and the liquid absorbed fast into my skin. It does not leave a sticky residue and I could still add on my moisturizer and sunblock thereafter. 


I have combination skin type, oily on the t-zone as well as I would not say that I could see a drastic improvement on my skin texture immediately after the first application. But I could feel that I woke up with a less oily t-zone, cheeks are more moisturized and supple. I could put on my cc cream easier, I would guess that this only can happen when the skin texture has improved and even out. 

If you are new to Su:m37˚ products and would wish too try out, Su:m37˚ Secret Essence is an entry level product to start off with on top of the rest of your skin care regime. Feel the difference on your skin! I am for sure looking forward to a more silky and radiant skin texture! But of course at the mean time, our cells in our body needs edaquate hydration as well. I am making sure to remind myself to drink up more and get hydrated. 

I have used SK-II as well as Sulwhasoo products, Su:m37˚ price tag is made more pocket friendly yet functions as well as its peers. Per bottle is retailing at S$108 (80ml) and Su:m37˚ Secret Essence is available at all Su:m37˚ counters in Tangs at Tang Plaza, VivoCity and Isetan Tampines.

Visit the website: https://www.sum37.com.sg/ for more information!

I will share more with you on the tips on using Su:m37˚ Secret Essence in my next post! So stay tune!

Thank you for reading and if you would like to stay tune for future updates, do follow me on : 
                                               Facebook | Instagram Pinterest







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...