Friday, September 21, 2018

[Sponsored] Celebrating August with iROO

August is one of my favourite month and this year, Jenn and I had part of our birthday celebrated with iROO (pronounced as "ee"-"Roo"),  a Taiwanese Fashion Brand. iROO was founded in 1999.

Last year, I attended iROO's 7th Anniversary celebration and that was how I learnt more of this fashion label. From it's design and good quality material, iROO has a concept of making luxury afforable to consumers. 

In August, we visited the outlet at Ngee Ann City. The store was spacious with the fitting area segregated with a display shelf, the fitting rooms were equipped with full length mirrors and the floor was carpeted. The fitting area gave me a luxurious and cosy feel.

I felt comfortable browing through the racks with the personal space given. The staff had politely allowed us to browse freely and was always ready whenever we had questions for them.

And if you did not know, iROO launches new arrivals on a weekly basis. The set below was one of my selection which I fell in love with, the first time I saw it.

Usually, I do not follow the latest trend as I may not be able to carry off a particular style. I tend to look for apparels that suit my lifestyle, my body shape and my skin tone. I need to feel good and confident with the right fit.

What do I look for when shopping for clothes:
- Design of the apparel; I preferred it to be simple but unique.
- Multi-functional; as much as possible, that piece of top or bottom must be able to mix and match with others. If possible, with only just a change of the appropriate shoes, I would like to wear the apparels for a casual outing, attending a dinner celebration or for a concert.
- Price of the apparel must be reasonable for its materials and design. I would not mind paying more for a limited edition piece or if the shop only sells that one and only design which I did paid before for a dress. That piece must have that attraction to draw me back to buy it home.

I am excited to show you my selection! I fell in love with this plain white top when I first saw it on iROO's Facebook page. What attracted me was the unique laser cut floral design at the sleeves as well as this denim skirt with a pleated, sheer tulle.


Denim has always make one looks young. I love how feminine it is to have the sheer tulle over the denim skirt, if  you felt the same as me that the combination is unique. I do not usually go for any embroided embellishment but this was acceptable, not too overwhelming for me to accept.


Don could not get used to seeing me wear a "long" skirt as I have never wore one after being together with him for the past 13 years but the skirt had won praises from my gal friends who saw me wearing it. Even Xavier commented that the skirt was unique, I am totally loving it!


A plain white top is the easiest to match. The laser cut floral top can also match with this skirt which slightly has a flare. Yes I did stated I do not like prints but I find the prints on this skirt bright and cherry, I felt instantly younger by a few years.

Further more, this skirt is very light weight, I did not feel anything sitting on my hips. I can even change it to a pair of heels to have a more feminine effect but my old back can only take on flats or canvas shoes for now.


The next set is more casual with the bottom akin to a pair of shorts and skirt. A very casual style which I can wear it to fetch Xav from school, without over dressing. The dark blue, stripped top is perfect for the weather in Singapore, with it's light and soft fabric. Lyocell and cotton is used for the top and for your information, lyocell is more expensive than cotton and has natural breathability and can absorb 50% more moisture more than cotton.

Totally felt like a student once again ! 

The fitting area with full length mirrors.  

This was another piece which perfect and chic for all occasion. I hardly tried on dresses of such cutting but I felt that it was perfect for my silhouette. It's simplicity and the stitched shoulder ribbon strap drawn me to it. Unfortunately the cutting was slightly loose for me at the back and I had to drop this piece.



At the end of the selection, we got a 'SURPRISE' !! I was totally unaware until I heard my name called twice and saw the staff holding a chocolate cake in her hands. Thank you AT Marketing Consultancy and team iROO for the really sweet gesture, felt totally loved!


Just in time for my birthday, I actually 'twinned' with Vera without looking too childish while she wore a tutu, I had a tulle to match with her.


And I think it made a nice outfit to wear for an evening date or a concert too !


SingaPOPera 

Now, I wished I could have dressed up and looked better in pictures when I travelled in the past. I was reminded of the pictures I took when I visited the Colosseum in Rome, I was in a tank top and beach shorts! Hence, this round, I packed my selection along for my recent Hua Hua trip (to be blogged later), making some effort to dress up, no slippers, shorts and tank tops this time!


Stand tall like a flamingo and be fabulous ! 

Instead of pairing with skirts, the laser cut top can be paired with jeans for a casual dinner or


a walk at the night market.


I love how the coloured prints on the flare skirt stood out despite the background was almost of the same shade.


iROO's apparels are designed by Taiwanese Designers for Asians so the sizes are more suitable for Asian frames. I was pleasantly surprised that I can fit into some and if you are wondering how the sizes are, I usually wear UK4 sizes and could fit in Size 36 for some of iROO's apparels. Some of the apparels with the same sizes may differ in the cutting due to designs, nevertheless, give it a try and you never know which piece may just bring out the more confident you or discover a new style that suits you!

You should visit the stores and have a different shopping experience in the retails, here is the list for iROO's outlets in Singapore, all are conveniently located in town.

- iROO Vivocity 
1 harbour front walk, #01-179 - 182 
Singapore 098585

- iROO Raffles City
Raffles City Shopping Centre, #01-11
252 North Bridge Road
Singapore 179103

- iROO Takashimaya Shopping Centre, #B2-36 
391A Orchard Road, Ngee Ann City
Singapore 238873

- iROO Great World City, #01-45/46
1 Kim Seng Promenade 
Singapore 237994

For more information, do visit iROO's :

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...