Monday, January 8, 2018

Cheng Teng with Peach Resins 【桃胶甜品】

Some of you would have heard of Peach Resin before but this is totally new to me. I spotted it when I was about to make payment at Chong Poh Medical. So what exactly is Peach Resin?

I read that it is resin secreted from the peach tree which then formed in amber like crystals on the tree. When cooked, it is similar to jelly, soft and tasteless. It is more affordable than bird nest. However, the preparation process I felt was really tedious as I had to keep changing water. As the peach resin expanded, I have to filtrate out the impurities and used a tweezer to pick out the remaining impurities and giving them a last rinse before I throw them all into the pot.


Benefits of Peach Gum:
- Cleanses blood. 
- Clears acne and prevent urinary tract infections with regular intake. 
- Helps promote bowel movement. 
- Good for spleen health. 
- Removing cholestrol 
- Rich in collagen and it can improve the skin elasticity, nourishes and adds moisture for beautiful and wrinkle-free skin. 


I bought a pre-pack ingredients meant to cook Cheng Teng. But I added in the peach resins after the dessert was cooked and bring it to boil before I turned off the fire.

It is pretty straight forward if you would like to give a try. Nowadays, I hardly measure how much to put for this and that. It is usually by estimation.

Ingredients:
White fungus (Wash and soak)
Dried longans
Red dates
Rock Sugar
Papaya / Apples
Wolf berries
Peach resins

Just wash everything and put into the pot, bring to boil and simmer or you can just put them into the slow cooker. I love this dessert chilled! Do give a try and let me know if you love it ! 


Thank you for reading and if you would like to stay tune for future updates, do follow me on : 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...