Sunday, March 26, 2017

[Review] Superlife Co. - Asian Flavoured Quinoa Packs

Taken from my previous post "Why Quinoa (pronounced as Keen-wah) ? Being the Mother of all grains, Quinoa is an energizing suerfood which is high in protein, minerals, good for metabolic health improvement, weightlossrich in antioxident and best of all it's gluten free. Today, they call it "Super grain". Quinoa is a low GI product as well, hence, it is also beneficial if one is on a diabetic diet.

This is part of Vera's diet too if you have read about her eczema management. She has to be on a gluten-free diet. Quinoa was also recommended by her doctor as kids needed protein to grow, Quinoa or Millets will make better options. Furthermore, Quinoa is easy to digest and is naturally gluten-free and wheat-free.

I have cooked Baked stuffed capsicum with cheesy quinoa for both Xav and stir-fried minced meat and vegetable quinoa for Vera. Both of them polished everything off their plates !


Usually, people would lament how yucky, healthy food would taste. But let Superlife.Co change your opinion of the usual boring and plain quinoa with their newly launched Starter kit if you would like to get yourself all 5 flavors to try out.

I think it's so creative of them to come up with the five Asian Flavours + 3 4pm Quinoa Cacao Protein Blocks and putting them together as one starter kit. Per pack is sufficient for one person's serving.

5 Asian flavours
Quinoa Cacao Protein Bloc
(Photo credit: Superlife.Co)

I cooked Japanese Quinoa for Vera's dinner and was pleased to find the flavour of the flavoured quinoa were packed individually. You can estimate on your own, how much seaweed (in this instance) to put in. I like that the amount can be controlled by my own preference.


Generally, this can be a #Quickfix dish for a healthy and fast lunch. Quinoa is pretty easy to cook. In less than 15 mins, they will be cooked. Simply just boil the quinoa about 10 mins, off the fire and cover the pot with a lid, allow the quinoa to sit in for another 10-15mins.

What I did in addition and at the same time was, I stir-fried some salmon cubes and asparagus before I add in the cooked quinoa and sprinkled some pink salt over and gave a few rounds of stir-frying just like how we normally cook fried rice.


Here you go ! One healthy and tasty meal served and it's easy to cook too !


I have also tried the Korean Kimchi Quinoa, I am no fan of kimchi BUT surprisingly, I could accept it! I wish the kimchi bits come in a larger pack. But overall, I find this flavour pretty appetizing! I am trying out the rest of the flavours in a few days time and if this stirred up an interest in you to try quinoa if you have never try before or if you would love to try these Asian flavors, I have a discount code to share. Enter SUPERSER17 when you are doing your online purchase and get a 10% off with a minimum of $40 purchase. The code will be valid until 30th June 2017. This excludes the Cacao Subscription on the website.

I am currently in search of more quinoa recipes so that I can cook something for Vera. Should you have any recipes using Quinos, would appreciate if you could share them with me ! Just drop your recipes in the comment box !

For latest updates from Superlife.Co, do follow them on:
Facebook : Superlife Co.
Website : www.superlife.co

Thank you for reading and if you would like to stay tune for future updates, do follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram !
Disclaimer: I received a starter kit from #Superlifeco for review purpose only. No monetary compensation is involved and all opinions are of my own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...