Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Hatha-Yin Yoga with Serene Martin

I am currently looking into some activities to jumpstart my exercise engine again, to rebuild my stamina and to tone up my body. I am unsure if it's not my type of activities when I was much younger or where has gone wrong. I went for once and decided to stop and it has been years later until now that I have decided to give it a try again! Of course with my Instagram feed(Xavvylicious) being flooded with friends going for Yoga classes did motivate me to get going! I am going to join Yoga with Serene for this coming June-July for a 5 weeks Hatha-Yin Yoga course.

"Hatha-Yin Yoga is a fusion of Hatha & Yin Yoga. Hatha Yoga is based on the philosophy of balancing our inner worlds according to the balance of the cosmic world through its focus on awareness, stability and balance.

Yin Yoga, on the other hand is based on the Taoist concept of Yin and Yang (opposite and complementary principles in nature). Yin is the stable, unmoving, hidden aspect of things; Yang is the changing, moving, revealing aspect.

In a world where we are bombarded with stimuli 24/7 (think laptops, phones and deadlines), our bodies and minds struggle to deal with the sheer density of material it has to process. Much of this gets trapped in our bodies as stress, tension and toxins. While Hatha Yoga’s dynamic movements builds strength and balance, Yin Yoga provides us with an excellent outlet to dissolve the accumulated knots in our bodies through a series of long-held, passive stretches." (From Yoga With Serene.com)

Seems like that I badly need to get myself started after reading the above from Serene Martin. Just nice for a beginner like me who is curious about how the practice is going to be taught and mums who are looking for a way to speed up post-delivery toning ad strengthening of their bodies. I felt it totally met the criteria of what I was looking for in a Yoga class. Seriously, I cannot wait to get started!

If you would appreciate this programme which helps to balance the rigour of Hatha Yoga with the soothing effect of Yin Yoga, don't wait further.

What I like is, you can drop in for a class @ $20 per session to try out and see if you like the class before you take on a package. There is an exclusive introductory of $200 for 10 sessions (Usual price: $400) going on! Do email Serene before hand to reserve a seat for you.

Course dates: 17th June -16th Jul. Classes will run every Friday (7.30pm - 9pm) & Saturday (1pm - 2.30pm) for 5 weeks.

Photo Credit: Yoga with Serene

All about Yoga Studio is located at:
605B Macpherson Road #05-11
Citimac Singapore 368241
(Walking distance from Tai Seng MRT)

How to get there:
By Train : Tai Seng Station (Circle Line). Please exit from Exit B.​
By Car: Carpark is available at the 2nd level of the building. Please enter by Harper Road or Playfair Road.​
By Bus: 62, 80, 43, 22, 58, 158, 90, 151, 70, 76, 93.

Just bring a set of clothes to change if you would like to and a towel. The yoga studio comes equipped with yoga mats, changing rooms and lockers. Note that there is no shower facilities.

*Avoid eating a full meal 2 hours before class too.
  
Terms & Conditions  
*No postponement/replacement of lessons
*Maximum class size of 20 students. (Reservation can only be confirmed upon full payment.)
*To register, do drop Serene an email at:  yogawithserene@gmail.com 

Come join me! One is never too old, too heavy or too new to start learning yoga!

Thank you for reading and if you would like to stay tune for future updates, do follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...