Wednesday, January 28, 2015

January '15 - Bento Boxes

Some of the bento boxes I made for the Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I did not want to spoil my own market. Hence, I start it simple. No joke to wake up at 5.30am. I do know of mums who wake much earlier than me. I guess I need more time for my body to tune to waking at 5.30 am.

I will leave my options open to 3 different type of lunch/Bento boxes,  depending on what I prepared for him.

Here are some bento boxes which I have prepared, hope it does help to give you an idea on what to prepare. Standby your ever so cute bread cutters and food picks ! 

My humble collection
My humble picks collection

Week 1 was a Friday when school began. He had a chance to buy his own food with the given allowance.

Bento Box #1 - Kaya & Butter mini-wiches & dragonfruit.

Bread into thick strips and secure them with space theme picks.

Week #2
Bento Box #2 - Peanut butter Pooh-wiches

Just use a pooh bear's head bread cutter, cut out the shapes and spread that peanut butter on.

Week #2

Bento Box #3 - "Fried Rice" with hard boil egg.

It may not be the freshest as I used leftover rice from dinner and fried it the next morning. Furikake, has became my best friend ! It  is a dry Japanese seasoning meant to be sprinkled on top of rice. But not advisable to use too often though due to the presence of Monosodium Glutamate.

Add some shredded seaweed and sesame seeds (I normally cut before hand and store in an air tight container )  By the side,  I added the sliced egg which I have prepared the night before.

Week #2

Bento Box #4 - Fried Rice with shredded omelette. I added frozen mix vegetables into it.

Week #2

Bento Box #5 - Just banana & milk

It can be quite filling, hence I packed one into the banana casing to prevent it from being squashed. You can get banana casing from Daiso easily.

Week #3

Week #3

Bento Box #6 - Prata roll with Peanut Butter.

Just simple, pan fry the frozen prate, spread on peanut butter and roll it up. Secure it with a pick and cut into bit size.

Week #3

Bento Box #7 - Mini porky chop burger

I kept a piece of marinated pork chop from dinner the day before. Pan fried the next morning, line the burger with lettuce and tomatoes slices. Squeeze some mayo onto the pork chop when you are ready. I wrapped up the burger with baking paper and pack into the lunchbox with some cherry tomatoes.

Week #3
Week #3

Bento Box #8 - Tamago sushi with mini wings.

He loves sushi and he loves eggs ! That gives me more reason that I have to make this for him. I made my own tamagoyaki. Just simple beat and egg and add in roughly about one tablespoon or slightly less sugar, pour beaten egg into pan and pan fry. When it is almost half- cooked , I rolled up the egg in the pan, cooked for a little while more, dish up and cut into chunks when they are cooled.

As for the mini wings, I cut the mid joint into halves to make the task of eating the mid joints easier. So that he will not need to struggle with his tongue to push out the meat between the bones.

Looks like a big portion ? He finished up the four pieces of sushi but not the wings as he claimed that he did not have sufficient time to finish up.

Week #4

Bento Box #9 - Apple pie, cherries & Yakult

Week #4

I bought Sara Lee's frozen apple pies, warmed it in the oven, pitted the cherries with a cherry pitter to prevent himself from the mess of trying to "dig" out the seed and stained his white shirt.

This week, I am unable to prepare for him as the younger one is feeling under the weather. This post summarized my lunch boxes for the month of January.

 If you have been reading our posts, do follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for future updates !

Linking up with

Mum's the Word

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...