Friday, May 16, 2014

[ Foodie Friday ] Vera's weaning menu

Yay !! It's Foodie Friday ! But today, no kids friendly cafes reviews nor restaurant hopping. Today will be all about Vera's weaning menu !

I started her pretty late in weaning as compared to Xav's time. I started to wean her on semi solids when she was about 6.5 months old.

Getting more fun when coming to meals time ! The only time she can mess up or self feed if she wants to !

My Kitty
I started her weaning menu with apples, carrots and pumpkin puree at the initial stage. Introducing her one food per week. I will steam and put into the hurom slow juicer to make into puree or simply just mash up with a fork. I will make in portions so that I can freeze. It saves time comparing to preparing them everyday. I find it easier to manage my time this way.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/398990848211637913/

Then, I came to realise after Vera is on semi-solid, she starts to constipate. Her PD told me that the above three food which I mentioned, cannot be feed everyday as it helps to harden stools even bananas ! I started to trace back and realised it was the pumpkin which I have been feeding her for that week.

Vera did not seem to fancy bananas, each time I fed her, she will just pushed it out of her mouth.
Banana chunks

I was advised to feed more soft food like papaya and pears. I bought China Snow Pears (xue li) to try, steamed and mashed it up before I mixed in the cereal. It's about 2 tablespoons of puree with 2-3 tablespoons of Healthy Times Organic Cereal with formula milk.

Snow Pear Puree + Cereal

 I gave her pureed plums as well !

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/398990848211637918/

Since, she is on the smaller size, this mummy would love to give her some "fats". Thankfully and hopefully she is an easy eater like her brother. In case, you are a noob like me when comes to buying avocado, I googled and saw this image which I followed, to choose a ripe avocado.

Just mashed it up and mixed into cereal with milk.


I introduced beetroot to Vera earlier this week. Beetroot contains powerful antioxidant betacyanin, which gives it the red hue. It helps to boosts the body's natural defences in liver, regenerating immune cells. It contains silica as well, important for healthy skin, bones, fingernails, ligaments and tendons. More benefits can be found from my previous post in 2010, when Xav was being introduce to.
 
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/398990848211637923/

After on bottle strike for at least half a year, she is now getting better ! Credits go to the daddy who supported me by feeding her with bottles while I try to alternate her feeds every 4 hourly between the boobs and the bottle as I am slowly weaning her off as I need to attend a convention in US, in a few weeks time.

In the mean time, weaning her on semi solid is kind of a breeze for now as she seems to be a much better eater than the brother. Just a few days ago, she had the first taste of rice ! The journey of weaning is going to be much more interesting for her as she is looking forward to the different kinds of food out there !


 
If you have been reading our posts, do follow us on Facebook and Instagram for future updates !

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...