Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Embarking on Essential Oils for the family well being !

Since young, Xav has a strong reaction towards insect bites allergy. Whenever he got bitten by mozzies or other insects, this was what happened.

Red, angry swollen left hand

The sting will itched and developed into an angry, swollen bump which felt "hot" when you touched it. Following will be mini group of tiny blisters growing on the sting and worse scenario I faced was, the blisters broke and there were even pus oozing out. It's not about spending money to bring Xav to see the doctor but it's the itchy, painful stage he has to go through for at least two weeks each time he got bitten on top of the interrupted sleep due to itch at night.

The blister will then dry up as shown below and developed into an eczema patch. You will then see me diligently applying the AI cream on the wound. Until I bought Star Shield for Xav, most of the claims are contributed by doctor's consultation for insect bites. Are you stuck and stress in such situations like me when in comes to dealing with insect bites allergy reaction on your child ?


Thankful to a friend who introduced me to Young Living Essential Oils when I first met her at a workshop. They are 100% pure essential oils, with no chemicals and are of therapeutic grade, using the Seed to Seal Process. Therapeutic grade essential oils have similar construct to our human body. Therefore, the oils can be are easily absorbed and the "unused" parts are easily discharged from our body without taxing the living like how oral medicine are.

Apart from being use through diffusing, the essential oils are safe to apply directly on our skin, to inhale as well as to ingest.

Below are the must have in my house; Thieves, Purification, RC, Lavender, Panaway, Gentle Baby, Peppermint & Valor. 

 

Here I share my MUST have oils & their functions are :

1. Purification 

Photo Source : Lotusbloomsoap

 I used it as a mozzie repellent for Xav and myself whenever we are out to the parks. Smells great ! A MUST have when we go for staycations or travel as it's good to keep bed bugs away !

This blend cleanses and disinfect the air, cigarette smoke and disagreeable odour. It disinfects and cleanses cuts, scraps and bites

Other categories of oil which can also be used as mozzie repellent are : Lemongrass, Peppermint


2. Lavender

Photo Source : Lotusbloomsoap

There was once I kicked against the playmat, my whole toe nail dangling by the corner. I dripped lavender essential oil on the wound and it helped in stopping the bleed after three application yet best of all it does not sting at all !

This has also helped the soothe the bumps on my face due to the irritation from my hair. It reduced the bumps and made them disappeared in one or two application.  

Calming and relaxing, it is commonly used for insomnia purposes. It has antiseptic, antifungal, anti-inflammatory properties as well as it is also good for targeting skin conditions such as eczema, acne, stretch marks and scarring.

For insect bites, I applied Purification and Lavender on the area which was being stung immediately. It's really amazing, choose to believe it or not ! The sting DID NOT SWELL at all ! I do not even need to bring Xav to the doctor this time ! 

On another occasion, Xav was being stung but the oils were left in the diaper bag. Result of it, as per above, it swelled up and became and angry bump. I went back and applied the same for the whole of the next day. By the third day, the swell subsided and Xav told me happily that he was feeling better and the wound has subsided.

I will never leave home without Purification and Lavender in my bag.

Other categories of usage :

Fever Management : Lavender + Lemon / Peppermint & Thieves

Sleep issues and general relaxation : Gentle Baby/ Valor/


3. Thieves 

Photo Source : Lotusbloomsoap

I need THIEVES in my house ! The MUST have after I have tried using for this period on Xav. My daily routine for Xav is applying one drop on his sole before bedtime and before he leaves for school to boost his immunity.

After using these months, I have to say that the frequency he fell sick has greatly reduced. At the beginning of the symptoms, I would diffuse this blend in the room to prevent the condition from escalating and the spread of the bug to the rest. I will drop one or two drops into the laundry as well.

This blend is the most amazing blend of highly antiviral, antibacterial and anti-infectious essential oil, with a story behind it.

"It was created based on a legend about a group of 15th century thieves who rubbed oil on themselves to avoid contracting the plague while they robbed bodies of the dead and dying. When they were caught, they were forced to disclose the secret and the formula of the herbs, spices and oils they used to protect themselves more a more lenient punishment.

Other categories of usage :

Immunity Booster & Germs- Go- Away : Thieves + Purification + Lavender

4. RC

Photo Source : You need these.homestead

I will just rub it neat on Xav's chest, sinus area and throat whenever symptoms are showing.

This blend gives good relief from Colds, Bronchitis, sore throats, Sinusitis, Coughs and respiratory conjestion. It decongests Sinus Passages, combats lung infection as well as relieving allergy symptoms.

Other categories of usage :

Cough, Cold & Flu : RC + Thieves + Myrtle + Eucalyptus

5. PanAway 
6. Peppermint

Photo Source : Lotusbloomsoap
Photo Source : Lotusbloomsoap
The natural pain reliever ! I am one who is allergy to most of the pain killers. On bad days if I take pain killers, my eye bag would swell to one big bag. I was experiencing some painful muscles strained on my shoulders and neck area and a headache, when just Peppermint alone can't help to bring down. I layered on PanAway and after a few applications, the pain was gone and I felt so much better.

I have also applied PanAway and Peppermint for Dear's sports injuries on his feet which has been there for quite sometime. He felt the difference with frequent applications.

Other categories of usage :

Heel spurs : PanAway + Peppermint + RC
Ligament Issues : Lemongrass


7. Gentle Baby

Photo Source : Lotusbloomsoap

I just got this recently for Xav and had diffused it during his bedtime. I have not personally tried this. But from the function above, seems like it's a great oil for both preggy mums too !

8. Valor

Photo Source : Lotusbloomsoap
This is not only great to put you to bed. Once, I was starring blankly at the ceiling until 2.30am and I decided to try out valor. I rubbed it behind my back and ears as well as some on my wrist. I did not take note of the time but I knew I was fast asleep shortly !

According to friends who have tried this on their kids, this is really good for bruise when their children have falls or knocks !

These are the basic usage that these oils can do. If you are into these essential oils, do leave me a comment, I would appreciate your sharing and experience with the usage of these oils. I am pretty new to it but have tried it on myself and my family, found it quite beneficial. Something natural and yet could replace the medicines which I have been loading much on Xav and myself for the past few years. .

If you're interested to find out more about these oils, you can leave a comment on this blog post, I will try to answer them based on my own experience.

I have signed up as an Essential Reward (ER) Member of Young Living to enjoy the discount of 24% off the retail price when I purchase the oils  for my own usage.


If you'd like to purchase these products, you can do so by signing up as an ER Member of Young Living Singapore. There are two ways of doing so:

1. At their showroom which is located at :
300 Beach Road #29-03A
The Concourse
Singapore 199555.
Customercare Hotline : 6391 0170
Email : custservsingapore @ young living.com !

2. Via their website : www.youngliving.com.sg

Specially just for Xavvy-licious' followers, should you sign up as a ER member in the month of November you will be asked for the membership number of the person who referred you. Simply quote membership number "1470886" to prove that you have been directed by Xavvy-licious, you will receive a full size bottle of our favourites - THIEVES & LAVENDERS oil FREE after you have placed your orders !

Free Starter Kit (worth $63) + Free Thieves ( worth $79.06) + Free Lavender ($49.35) on top of your 100 PV oil purchase.

Do note the above is only applicable for ER member sign up for the month of November, under Xavvy-licious. Promotion will end on 30th November 2013. Don't miss this good deal !

For November Speciala from Young Living Singapore, spend 320 - 499 PV and receive Myrrh 15ml & Sacred Frankincense 15ml. If yhou are intending to sign up and get these great oils as Christmas gifts for your families and friends, it's a good opportunity to get these two oils for FREE with your purchases !

Myrrh

From Young Living SG :(Commipihora myrrha) has a rich, smoky, balsamic aroma that is purifying, restorative, revitalizing, and uplifting. It is a helpful aid to meditation, having one of the highest levels of sesquiterpenes available. Sesquiterpenes are a class of compounds that have a direct effect on the hypothalamus, pituitary, and amygdala, the seat of our emotions. Myrrh is referenced throughout the Old and New Testaments of the Bible. The Arabian people believed it helped wrinkled, chapped, and cracked skin.

Photo Source : jackie-mclaughlin.com

Sacred Frankincense

From Young Living SG: Comes from the Boswellia sacra frankincense tree and is distilled at the Young Living distillery in Oman. Sacred Frankincense is ideal for those who wish to take their spiritual journey and meditation experiences to a higher level.

Photo Source : You need these.homestead

Should you have an interest in building it as a business, please email serene_seah@hotmail.com for further enquiries.

If time permits, I will be sharing on each individual oils once or twice a week.

Here's something for the coming festive season ! See if you hear familiar names in it ? Enjoy !!



Disclaimer : I was not sponsored for the oils. All are solely bought on my own for my family usage and I would just want to share the benefits of the oils.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Hi, my boy has exactly the same reaction as your kid when mosquito bites. I thought he was one of the rare few. Amazing to know there are others. So you will just apply the oil direct to the bite? Is that right?

AOS Products Pvt Ltd Ghaziabad Delhi NCR said...

Hallo nice your shared product and essential oils, contact to AOS Product Pvt Ltd for Essential oil Suppliers India- Top manufacturer in Delhi NCR, call or visit for bulk essential manufacturer and exporters essential oils in India.

AOS Product said...

Today AOS Products share with you fresh and natural beauty oil that is Peppermint Essential Oil if you are regular users in your life than you must to know it.

The Colourful Baby said...

Nice to meet you admin.
My first visit to your blog and surely a great and informal blog and well.
By the away, here i have written an article about baby walker and you can read the whole
article from mu blog best baby thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...