1. Lotus Roots 500g
2. Green Beans 80g
3. Water chestnuts 10 pieces
4. Soft pork ribs 300g
5. Salt to taste
1. Wash the lotus roots, removed the skin and slice.
2. Wash the water chestnuts, removed the skin and cut into halves.
3. Soak green beans for 2 hours before cooking (I did not soak as I'm using pressure cooker)
4. Blanch the ribs before adding into the pot.
5. Add in all ingredients, bring to boil and simmer for 1.5 hours (For pressure cooker, I turn off the stove when it hit three rings and I allowed the pressure to cook and soften and ingredients in the soup)
6. Add salt to taste before serving.
I doubled the portion for the ingredients as I cooked the soup for both meals. The texture of the soup is slightly different compared to using Huai Shan. Try this recipe out for this hazy period and drink loads of water !
Take care everyone !
Thank you for reading and if you have enjoyed reading my posts, do follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram !
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6