Thursday, May 2, 2013

Baked potatoe with cheese stuffing

One thing I like about weekends (clearly no programme planned, no parties, no appointments, nothing) is I get down to some planning on what to cook for lunch and dinner. Last weekend, I decided to prepare a simple western lunch.

This was what I tried out, baked potatoe with cheese stuffing. Quite simple but a little time consuming when it comes to stuffing the cheese in between the slices.

All you need is potatoes, butter, grated parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese.

Method :

1. Slice the potato but not totally. When you are nearing the base, hold your knife so that the potato will look like as if you can flip the slices.

2. Sandwich a little amt of butter, alternating among the gaps. You may want to do it on every gap if you are not particular on the oiliness.

3. Stuff the mixture of grated parmesan and cheddar cheese in between the slices as shown.

4. Bake for 45-60 mins to make sure it's thoroughly cook @ 180 Deg C. The cheese will melt and flkow out. I tried my best to scoope them and stuff back into the gaps before serving. Or does anyone have a better suggestion ?


As for the greens, I bought broccoli, cherry tomatoes, dried cranberries and carrots. Thankfully, Xav is not a fussy eater and loves this plate of greens.

I threw in the broccoli and carrots in boiling water with salt and olive oil for about 2-3 mins. Mix the cherry tomatoes and dried cranberries with the boiled veg. You can perhaps drizzle some salad dressing over it. I skipped it as my sauce is used up.


I pan fried some sausages and prepared some baked beans. Marinated the pork chop slices with teriyaki sauce. I made some criss cut across the chops so that the meat can be marinated more in depth and taste more flavourful. According to dear, he said, it tasted good ! How good I wouldn't know as I did not try the pork chop.


This portion is for Xav. I cooked some pastas for him and a teriyaki chicken steak to go with and his compliment was "wow mummy, this looks like restaurant food" ! All plates were wiped out clean. Worth a try !


Linking up with Dinomama


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...