Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Home made Char Siew Rice

Made Char Siew Rice for lunch today !

Experiment #1



Method of cooking by stove.

I always thought that oven is needed to make your own Char Siew at home.

But I found this recipe which uses stove and as well as one recipe that uses pressure cooker and oven of course. Gonna try the other two methods when I am free.

This is after glazing with Maltose syrup.


Close up view


I bought 梅肉 from the market. This part of the meat was said to be the softest.

One thing which puzzled me. I followed exactly as what was stated in the recipe. But turn out the one teaspoon of Ginger juice made the turn out of the char Siew slightly "hot".

Think the next time I try for another method of cooking, probably I will reduce the one teaspoon to 1/4 teaspoon.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...